Stricklandia

Michael Strickland's blog on all things travel: news, deals, destinations, dreams and more.

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

A week in Roatan, Honduras

Last month, I returned to Honduras for a week of scuba diving in Roatán, the largest of the Bay Islands (Islas de la Bahía). I didn't make it to the mainland, nor was I able to reunite with anyone from my Honduran "family" while I was there, but it's always nice to go back to a country I've often considered a second homeland. Cassie doesn't have the same connection I do to the country where I spent a year during my formative teenage years, but she still fell in love with the lush landscape and laid-back atmosphere (and the flavorful baleadas).

The diving was as spectacular as the last time I dived there, even though the dive operation we used was run by the Keystone Kops. And, by traveling with such a fun group from our dive club, our spirits were not dampened by lingering showers from the tail end of the rainy season. Cassie and I spent much of our first week back home surfing Roatán blogs and checking out vacation property listings.

I've updated my travel journaling site, Travels to Distant [strick]Lands, with a journal and pictures from the trip.

 

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Dude! I like your new blog! Although our preference for football teams differ, we share a passion for experiencing the world. As you know . . . in addition to traveling, I have a passion for foods of the world. I've been writing restaurant reviews and got the chance to work in the kitchen of an izakaya restaurant last month! Not that another restaurant review site is needed, but perhaps I should follow your lead. Keep it up Mr. Stricklandia!

February 18, 2008 at 6:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home