Michael Strickland's blog on all things travel: news, deals, destinations, dreams and more.

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Join the "Stricklandia" community

I'm having a bit of writer's block tonight, so instead of writing about travel, I'll write about this travel blog—or, more specifically, its readers. In a word: You.

This blog doesn't enjoy a huge readership, but I can tell from the traffic data that I have a fairly loyal daily audience. Yet most of you remain quiet; it's uncommon that one of you posts a comment to a posting. Which is unfortunate, because blogs are not simply a virtual soapbox for people to self-publish their ramblings. The hallmark of a good blog is the creation of a community, an ongoing dialogue between its author and audience.

So I welcome, encourage, entreat you to join the conversation. I hope you enjoy reading this blog, but even more, I hope you consider interacting with it. Post a comment if I write about something you care about or have an opinion to share. Better still, if someone else posts a comment, jump in and keep the discussion going.

I'll kick-start things by asking a question: How are you dealing with the pain of air travel this year? Packing light? Buying tickets far in advance? Not traveling by plane at all?
 

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanksgiving tickets have been purchased already and will hope our flights don't get cancelled and spoil our family get-together and/or connecting flights.

Am in search of new light-weight luggage and am annoyed that I will now have to handle my own luggage or pay extra - neither of which are great options for a single 67 y.o female traveler. Unfortunately, the airlines don't give any breaks to seniors.

The price of tickets will definitely curtail my air travel, having already decided I'll be unable to attend a wedding in NYC.

August 15, 2008 at 7:56 PM  
Blogger usamctwo said...

Still have to pony up $$$ to fly back to the States. Shocked at how much of the plane ticket is taxes. Traveling back for Thanksgiving and then doing some domestic travel while we are there. Cannot wait to see the charges for our bags.

I did luck out this week coming back to London. Had three seats to myself. Actually got some sleep on the flight home.

August 19, 2008 at 1:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home