Michael Strickland's blog on all things travel: news, deals, destinations, dreams and more.

Monday, September 22, 2008

Flying back in time with Air Jamaica

We just got back from a week in Curacao. Yes, it sucks to fly in this Year of the Fees. Yes, United Airlines has started charging $50 for the second checked bag. Yes, because I was scuba diving on this trip, I had to check two bags.

But all is not lost. We flew on Air Jamaica, which in a way was something like a flight back in time. Remember when you didn't have to pay to check two bags? Remember when you got served a free meal? Remember when you got a free glass of champagne when flying coach? (Okay, maybe the last one has always been an Air Jamaica exclusive.)

I felt a bit like I was in a time warp on this trip. I had no problem checking two bags for free, but it's been so long since I got a free meal on a flight, I couldn't help carving an excited message into my "omelette." Sure, it was inedible. Sure, it was made of something other than eggs (I'm not sure what). But it was FREE!


 

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home