Stricklandia

Michael Strickland's blog on all things travel: news, deals, destinations, dreams and more.

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

No, really: What does travel mean to you?

A couple of months ago, I posed the question "What does travel mean to you?" Even though only one of you responded, I know there are as many answers to that question as there are people considering it.

More, in fact.

I myself would probably offer many different answers depending on my mood, the time of year, or what I'm thinking about at any given moment.

Today, for instance, "travel" means escape. Forget exploration, education, edification. Never mind adventure, excitement, adrenaline. You can keep your new culture, people, ideas. All I crave right now is an escape from the mundane.

Give me a palapa on a deserted beach, an isolated rock on top of a mountain, a boat to sail upon a wide ocean. Just get my keys off this keyboard, my eyes off this computer screen, my body out from under these fluorescent lights.

I'll give you another chance to answer the question: what does travel mean to you?
 

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home