Michael Strickland's blog on all things travel: news, deals, destinations, dreams and more.

Saturday, April 5, 2008

Traveling to my couch

You know I love everything about travel. I love visiting new places, meeting new people, creating new memories. I also love reading about others' travel experiences, seeing photos of distant lands, thinking about and planning future trips. But some days I don't want to travel beyond my own front door. Today is one of those days.

During the past month, I attended the New York Times Travel Show, went skiing in Vermont, flew to Los Angeles for work, tasted wine in Paso Robles, hosted visitors on two different occasions, and even found time to design a new newsletter for my dive club (which includes some of my travel writing—download a copy). That's more than enough activity for me.

After taking my last visitors to the airport this morning, the only travel that interests me is the trip between my couch and refrigerator, and perhaps the vicarious travel I'll get with some past episodes of "No Reservations."
 

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home